View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 12:12 AM   #48 (permalink)
fly yellow
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 yellow 370z
fly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by benfiji View Post
No offense to you or anyone else, but in regards to #4, anyone who believes this is simply uneducated or easily influenced by the oil companies million dollar marketing efforts to say it is BS.
I have never seen one piece of marketing by any oil or energy company claiming that global warming is BS. I have read and listened to many scientists that simply do not believe that global warming exists, and if it does then it is more than likely due to natural cyclical changes in the planet and not carbon emissions. I have also heard interviews with scientists claiming that they are strong armed into perpetuating this "global warming" phenomenom in order to receive any government funding for other research projects. The earth has already survived one ice age and that was millions of years before any soccer mom decided to drive an SUV. Man didn't cause that one. Maybe dinosaurs were really gassy.

I don't want to turn this into a political debate, but please don't try to say that I am uneducated or influenced by marketing that just doesn't exist. If anything oil companies will make more from this global warming scare. Gas prices need to skyrocket for the whole thing to work, and not everything can be battery operated, and even if it was we would need some kind of carbon fuel to charge the batteries. If anything the millions in marketing is being spent by those that are propogating global warming, and perhaps it is you who is so easily influenced.