View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 10:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cell
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: A Garbage Truck
Cell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GZ3 View Post
After thinking a little deeper into this, if i remember correctly the NISMO rims weigh something like 20lbs for both front and back...base and sport packed Z's IIRC weigh something like 23ish front and back....that unsprung weight loss could account for the HP diff too. Rim weight makes a difference on the dyno....hhmmmmm intersting

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
Yes, everyone was curious about that also but AAM cleared the air.
Really once you start tuning either car it is nulled out performance wise. The Nismo tune from factory basically is a couple minor tweaks which is paired with the exhaust. One reason why people say if you are going to go crazy modding it might be best to jump on a base/touring with sport and skip the Nismo.
I've said that before. If people want to heavily mod their cars as in body kits and new rims and so forth, they should get a base/touring. People that bought the nismos love the body and rims not because of the HP increase. No nismo owner in their right mind bought the nismo just for that 18hp increase.

I love the way my car looks over the fangs. I love my rims over the sports package. That is the reason why I bought it and it is the same reason why many others bought the nismo.

Last edited by Cell; 01-27-2011 at 11:01 AM.