View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 06:19 PM   #29 (permalink)
SPOHN
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Waiting on next Z
SPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island_370 View Post
With modern synchros, you don't even need to heel/toe. If you are gentle on letting the clutch out, it will not upset the car.

I tend to disagree on the comment that "this will not matter a bit if your (I think you mean "you're") half a driver." A real racer once commented in an interview that anything that makes you faster is best...be it ABS, traction control, semi-automatic gearbox, etc. On a lap without issue, the S mode may not add much, but on a corner when things are not smooth, it might help keep a bad situation from getting worse. Just like ABS. On a good lap, not difference. But if you hit oil/coolant/etc, you will like having it.
That's fine. Maybe I am half a driver. Don't see how that makes my opinion wrong. But you make a good point on what your suggesting about anything that makes you faster helps. But S-mode is not going to do that. A LSD will. It will help on a lesser experienced driver, I admit. But how in the world if you run through oil,coolant, and etc have to do with S-mode. These things are traction issues. Not rev matching. Also you don't have to know how to heel to toe to be faster. It's about methods.

Last edited by SPOHN; 01-17-2011 at 06:26 PM.
SPOHN is offline   Reply With Quote