View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 01:39 AM   #234 (permalink)
bleufiend
Base Member

Drives: 370z MB Spt/Tour 6sp
bleufiend is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianMSmith View Post
That's because they rip off the consumer, but the car companies have their balls in a noose and they can't get away with it.

The average car mechanic bills 15 hours of labor for an 8 hour work day, with lots of smoke breaks.

Any auto mechanics in the house who can confirm, or want to argue?
Sure

1. I don't smoke.
2. Show me a dealer that I can rake in 15 hours a day and I'll go there now, if you think all we do is just spin one wrench and then flag a hour for it your quite wrong.
3. Your paying not only for the time it takes to do the job but also for the experience and training of the dealer tech. Not to mention your also paying for the right to come back and chew out both me the service advisor and the manager if everythings not right with your car.
4. I'm happy flagging 8 hours a day. If I make more then that great but I don't want to screw people in the process for it. When you don't come back because of a bad experience then that means we just lost a customer.

I work for BMW and have now for 3 years since graduating school, our cars tend to go anywhere from 12,15k between oil changes. In that time the engines use about 1.5 to 2qts that we top up when the customer comes in.