Thread: stock ADVAN's..
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 07:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
280z/300zx
Track Member

Drives: 280z, 300zx, Vette
280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
It's not really a "problem." It's a relatively high-horsepower car... traction will always be an issue. It's just even more of an issue when it's cold outside!

You just have to adapt to the conditions and drive through it. If you're worried about trashing the car due to some rough roads then you should just slow down.
I'm not talking only about spirited driving. I'm talking about when I'm driving at a regular speed on the freeway and there happens to be a bump in the road from uneven roads which causes the back end to come out a little and VDC to kick in. Not really complaining as I love the car but out of all the cars I've driven (all of which have been RWD sports cars aside from my WRX) this car seems more unsettled going over bumps at speed. Maybe when I switch tires later on down the line it will be better.

How is the Mustang compared to your old Z with traction? I know my girlfriends Camaro seems a lot more planted and the electronic nannys are much more forgiving as well as smoother with input. With the Z it seems like the VDC is either on or off where as the Camaro it seems that it slowly comes on and off so as not to surprise you. Also traction wise the car seems much better despite having more hp, torque, skinnier tires, and less traction rated tires. I'm sure the added weight of the car helps some though
280z/300zx is offline   Reply With Quote