View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 12:11 AM   #44 (permalink)
Endgame
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Nothing Now!
Endgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisjb View Post
not to sound defensive, but I had a boxster too... set up for the track... did about 30 track weekends in the car and I was never passed by a cayman, and passed plenty... so if you're trying to suggest that somehow a boxster is a lesser car, well... the two share most of their parts, have the same wheelsbase and track length, etc... your entitled to your impression, of course

as for the 'snobby stigma'... i just don't get that - at all... the porsche club i run with is about as middle class and down to earth as it gets... engineers, police officers, normal people... i think the stigma is purely something that comes from people being po'd that they don't have the means or discipline to set aside the money, not b/c of the people that drive porsches

all that being said, I chose this car over 911 cup cars and caymans... pretty much for the same reason as modshack, nissans are cheaper to mod with a better aftermarket, and I think cheaper to operate as a track car over the long-term... also looks better than the cayman IMO... giving the nod to the mid-engined cayman only on handling and OIL COOLING
good post....
Endgame is offline   Reply With Quote