View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 10:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
ludeakris7
Base Member

Drives: 2001 Honda Prelude
ludeakris7 is on a distinguished road
Default Dealership Negotiations on NISMO

Because the NISMO is the flagship of the 370z model, do most dealerships treat negotiations differently? Meaning they are less likely to get closer to the dealer invoice price and stay firm on the sticker cost. I see a lot of posts stating that some have bought a new NISMO at say 37K or even less when the MSRP is roughly 40K.

This makes me think that some dealers are willing to work with you and the margin of profit for dealers is fairly large 3-4K (Sticker vs. Invoice). I'm assuming that each dealerships tactics on sales is different in that some might not budge and others will and being patient and walking out on a bad deal is key to finding a great deal. I'm just curious about NISMO owners' experiences when purchasing.

I'm planning to purchase late summer or whenever the 2012 models go on sale to grab a new 2011 or 2010 NISMO and the 40K mark is a little steep when I see people driving off for 36-37K. I prefer to purchase new but I might take a used with only 1-2K on the odo which would obviously drop the price a fair amount. I'm not keen on used cars, not knowing if they were beaten. But sometimes that drop in cost may be worth the risk. Thanks Carfax!
ludeakris7 is offline   Reply With Quote