View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 07:44 AM   #54 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffblue View Post
vdc comes on when i drive with my snows, its doing its job. You have to drive cautiously, like you should be doing anyway in snow, unlike every suv driving soccer mom who doesn't realize their braking and turning ability has greatly decreased.

The z doesn't come with all season tires because all season tires are mediocre at everything. You get mediocre summer traction and terrible winter traction. I think you're better off with summer tires in winter, knowing that they suck in snow then with the false sense of security you have from 'all season' tires. All season tires work decently in snow on a underpowered fwd car with thin tires. On the z the improved traction you get on snow is marginal at best when compared to a summer tire. Hence, let the car come with summer tires, and if you want to drive it in winter/on snow, you'll get a set of winters, instead of throwing some mediocre tires on it so that the overall driving experience is diminished.
+10000000
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote