View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 09:29 PM   #43 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknick View Post
Steve, a 370Z costs $67,000 here in Melbourne, a Porsche 997 starts at $225,000. Now I'll blindly accept it is better but look at the cost difference and I really would love to see some sort of professional test to evaluate the difference in terms of percentage. I'd wager that it would be less than 5% between the two yet the difference in cost is huge! Don't forget that Porsche makes the most profit from the sale of its cars, so to me what this implies is that they are ripping you off and you are paying a lot more then you perhaps should be paying for the car.
I mean if Nissan can ask $150,000 in Australia for their GTR, why is Porsche asking so much for standard 997 that is infeiror to the GTR?? I am a value for money kinda guy i guess but i do understand that to get fractionally superior performance it is going to cost more and more money but then that argument is blown out of the water by the GTR.
Holy cow that is insane! Over here a fully loaded Z will run you 38k vs. 77k for an entry level 911, or 50-60k for a more comparable Cayman S.

When I was shopping for a sports car I did a lot of back and forth between the Z and Cayman S. I felt like the Cayman was a better car in all performance categories, but to me it wasn't worth the extra 25k or so.

From a value perspective The Z will always come out ahead, but performance wise the P cars will best it. Its just up to you to decide if that step up in performance is worth a very large price difference.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote