View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 09:19 AM   #9 (permalink)
LunaZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Project: a white one
LunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond repute

I have a 2009 that I bought pre-owned with around 3,000 miles on it.
I've put on about another 9,000 miles myself and the car has been trouble-free.

Okay, one issue: An interior rattle/vibration in the headliner that took me several attempts to isolate. The culprit turned out to be the wiring harness for the satellite radio antenna vibrating against the metal of the roof. Added some foam and some tape and I was good to go.

I haven't experienced any high oil temps that have caused me to feel an oil cooler is a necessity. I would describe my driving style as "spirited", but I do not go to the track with my car.
I also haven't experienced any issues with my brakes, but again, I don't track my car. The brakes seem to do what they're supposed to do without any complaints when I'm working the twisties or late braking for an exit ramp off of the beltway.

Rear visibility is fine for a car of this design. One visibility issue arose when I would approach an intersection at a 45 degree angle. It's practically impossible to see around the b-pillar, so I've learned to approach those intersections at 90 degrees when possible.

The exhaust note was uninspiring, so I ordered a cat-back three days after buying the car.

I love the way the 370Z looks and not seeing myself coming and going like a Mustang or a Camaro makes me happy.

If the Z is what you're really leaning towards as a toy for fair weather fun, I can't think of any good reason not to buy one!

2009 370Z Sport/Touring/Navigation | see my journal for mods
facebook: Be my friend... or not.
LunaZ is offline   Reply With Quote