View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 04:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
Megan370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
Megan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond repute

just to give some dimension on those pipes

its start from 3inch (filter) and goes to a reducer down to 2.5inch (63.5mm) for the MAF tube then it taper larger to 2.75'' (silicone hose )
I had a pair of throttle body machined to 62.5mm from 60mm stock.

as I said on the first post , I'm going to be testing this by the end of January !

I'm working on the tune with the swapped 350hr intake manifold right now
then the CAI will be next , once everything is tuned (Uprev tuner) I'm getting on the Dyno !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XwChriswX View Post
I know these are going to sound silly...
But whats the difference between this setup and say the Stillen Gen III's?
Why the narrow portion there halfway up the main pipes?
And why using both metal/cobb tubes instead of solid tubes all the way to the TB?
The Stillen gen 3 was my inspiration to begging with , since its a proved CAI for the performance given.
because my new throttle body is bigger I needed everthing else also bigger to aloud the same air flow.
using silicone tube was for the flex that is needed !

Last edited by Megan370z; 01-07-2011 at 10:38 AM.
Megan370z is offline   Reply With Quote