View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 11:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
chops
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: NA
chops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGItonium View Post
Wow clean build! I immediately noticed your amp. How is it? I currently have 2x NINE.2 amps for the components and sub, but would like to scale things down some day. Do you think it can handle a single 12W6? I don't really bump my music and prefer having moderate natural sounding bass.
if you wanted to downsize you could run a single XD600-1 (600watts RMS @ 2ohm, 400watts RMS @4ohm), and a XD200-2 (75watts RMS x 2 @ 4ohm) . the 600-1 is the same size as my 400-4, and the 200-2 is a few inches smaller! you could easily fit these 2 amps where the foam piece between the strut bar and wheel archs are...(where the OEM Bose amps are)

i realize alot of people think JL is overpriced, but you really cannot beat the size/output of these amps. after some research @ diymobileaudio.com i settled with the XD series...small, efficient, cool, and awesome sound. i purchased mine from al-eds.com and they pricematched the lowest price on the internet! (they're also an authorized JL reseller, so warranty is valid)
chops is offline   Reply With Quote