Thread: LSD Info Needed
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 11:25 AM   #19 (permalink)
crash1369
Enthusiast Member

Drives: C300 - 6spd
crash1369 has a reputation beyond reputecrash1369 has a reputation beyond reputecrash1369 has a reputation beyond reputecrash1369 has a reputation beyond reputecrash1369 has a reputation beyond reputecrash1369 has a reputation beyond reputecrash1369 has a reputation beyond reputecrash1369 has a reputation beyond reputecrash1369 has a reputation beyond reputecrash1369 has a reputation beyond reputecrash1369 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
Quaife uses the Torsen basic design but has taken it to the next level, I haven't heard any reported failures from them yet.
Could you elaborate on that?

Also I'm surprised to hear a clutch style differential would have less slippage, I thought that was the exact opposite. I'm not even sure how an LSD with gears could slip, I know they do though, I've seen it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorDave View Post
How difficult is it to install an LSD (I searched and couldn't find anything)? Something I could attempt myself with average mechanical skill, or better to be left to a professional? I too am interested in an aftermarket LSD for my non-sport Z at some point down the road.
I'm not very far away from you, if you take the plunge I would be very interested to hear where you went and your thoughts of the entire ordeal

Or maybe we can get a discount it we have two installed
"At no point during your rambling, incoherent response did you ever come close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. We are all now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul."
crash1369 is offline   Reply With Quote