View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 10:38 AM   #132 (permalink)
wheee!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: cars. lots of cars.
wheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond repute

Ohhh it works with the seat heater switch! No problems there.

Here is a teaser of the modded switch (and my homemade harness)

PLEASE NOTE: This is a homemade harness and is nowhere NEAR as elegant as the harness that will be built by bdl99! The automotive connectors I used were to ensure I could plug and play the entire harness back to factory if I wanted to without unsoldering any connections. All connections that I made that were permanent were soldered and shrink wrapped.

Switch with top unmasked

Switch after flat black paint

AV Head end of harness. Notice diode in green wire taking power from ignition. Red wire taps back into the reverse signal line for 12v feed. Orange and brown wires break VSS at the switch.

Switch end of harness minus switch and switch ground wire. Relay wired as:

mmmi87

mmm87a

86mmmmm85

mmm30

87 is open and shielded. 87a is brown wire, 30 is orange (always on unless switch activated). 85 is ground and 86 is feed from switch to activate relay. Notice red wire feeding reverse signal has a diode in series to protect the circuit from back feeding.

And a shot of the finished switch in place

and with the lights on (backup camera mode)

H&R / Stillen / Berk / HKS / Swift / Michelin / UpRev / SPC / Amuse Rep / Seibon / Fringe XVO / TWM / more...
My Journal

Last edited by wheee!; 01-05-2011 at 03:49 PM.
wheee! is offline   Reply With Quote