Thread: turbo vs s/c
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 03:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
toner123
Track Member

Drives: TT 370z Touring/SP
toner123 has a spectacular aura abouttoner123 has a spectacular aura abouttoner123 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to toner123

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAM@GTM View Post
FYI stock clutch will hold up to 560 RWHP, We have tested it twice. one with a 350HR TT and a G37 TT .

We have many customer with Twin turbo set ups and stock clutches that lasted over 20k .

Sam
Thank you Sam. When i said this everyone wanted to flame/bash me. After I gave proof i was still getting smart remarks. If you do the TT install at a shop and the clutch at the same time. The labor charge for the clutch is going to be exactly the same as if they did it then or a year later. Unless you got a really cool shop that will discount it, because replacing the clutch does not require the removal of the engine. I said this plenty of times yet people keep saying to do it at the same time like it is going to be cheeper for you. Also why replace a good part? The stock clutch is able to handle it for a while and you already paid for it when you bought the car, so why not get your worth out of it.
Frank
toner123 is offline   Reply With Quote