View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 10:25 PM   #18 (permalink)
esfourteen
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th TT
esfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to esfourteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
Well, we will see. The other car besides the Z06 that I have looked into is the GT500. All depends on what the bank says they will/won't finance. If they are bent on financing below the $50K limit, then the Z is my choice of ride under the $50K range. Above that tier, are the GT500 and the Z06. Been putting away $1500/mo for whatever, and am itching to get back into a sports car.

My reason for asking the torsional rigidity is because I am curious how it compares to the Z06, since that is the power level I am shooting for with a TT kit if I go with the Z. Basically, will the structure of the 370Z handle 420-440whp soundly, reliably, and over 100K miles?
I can only quote what nissan has stated when comparing to 350z which im sure you have come across:

Quote:
Front body torsion rigidity is improved by 10 percent with an extensively revised body structure which includes a new front suspension cradle to reduce front body lateral bending, new rear structural reinforcements, and an underbody "V-bar" to help reduce rear lateral bending. Additional enhancements include the use of a carbon fiber composite radiator housing and strengthening of the rear fender and hatch areas. Rear body torsion rigidity is improved by up to 22 percent and rear body vertical bending rigidity is improved by up to 30 percent.
This also has a good amount of info on the suspension setup

edit: can't link to 370z.com? weird.

Last edited by esfourteen; 12-29-2010 at 10:28 PM.
esfourteen is offline   Reply With Quote