View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 11:48 AM   #226 (permalink)
Tunerz_Store
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 04 G35 - 2016 Z06
Tunerz_Store is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Tunerz_Store

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLAW View Post
Your so wrong! Go talk to BMW and Audi Owners. I also own a 2008 TT 2.0 FSI Turbo and in the owners guide Audi will tell you this car, can use up to 1quart of oil per 1200 miles if the car is run hard.

My TT goes 10K miles on oli changes and I have to add 1quart of oil every 4500 miles or so.

Also go look at Lamborghini they also burn oil.
The manufacturer is NOT the gospel. They implement those ideas to keep from having to fix their product and loose money. Go out and dump a qt of oil on the ground and then try to explain where that much would go from inside a sealed engine that doesn't leak or smoke in 1k miles. That is not normal and if it were normal, there would not be TSB's to cover oil consumption issues nor would dealerships be allowed to begin the process of oil consumption tests.

Someone asked what the mm chart represented as far as quarts and the answer is 8mm is approximately a touch more than 1/4 of a qt. The amount of space between H ~ L is 30mm, between the hash marks is 24mm.

Most people don't understand that dealerships would love to replace your engine as they get paid by Nissan for warranty work. When I had my engine replaced in my 04 G, I had no problems with getting a replacement block and that year vehicle DID NOT have a TSB to cover oil consumption.

Last edited by Tunerz_Store; 12-29-2010 at 12:00 PM.
Tunerz_Store is offline   Reply With Quote