View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 05:02 PM   #125 (permalink)
wheee!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: cars. lots of cars.
wheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond repute

Picked up the seat heater switch today from the Altima. It is almost a perfect match. The HI LO windows are slightly shorter than the stock 370Z switches. Not a big issue for me because I would like them to be somewhat different looking of course.

I looked at the switch carefully and then took it apart to inspect the cap lettering. The lettering is actually SANDWICHED between the top clear lens and the rear fresnel lens. This means that the cap is actually molded together with the lettering in place making it all but impossible to remove the HI and LO symbols off the switch and still be able to use the lights. The reverse side of the cap is actually molded together with the lenses so that is not an option.

The centre portion can be easily covered with a coat of matt black paint (I hope). Still thinking of a way to do the HI LO lights....

H&R / Stillen / Berk / HKS / Swift / Michelin / UpRev / SPC / Amuse Rep / Seibon / Fringe XVO / TWM / more...
My Journal

Last edited by wheee!; 01-05-2011 at 12:33 PM.
wheee! is offline   Reply With Quote