View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 02:10 PM   #84 (permalink)
bluzman
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Red Touring 7AT
bluzman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
I bought this car as an enthusiast, besides the regular daily driving stuff (which it does fine at) it was suggested by the magazine reviews that this would be a great HPDE car - and that is what sold it to me.

Currently the car can not be driven at HPDE - at all. This is due to the design defect that no other car in this class has. I'm not trying to turn it into a race car, just asking to be able to run for 20 minutes on track at reasonable speeds, speeds the car was built for, without having the car shutdown.

My gripe is that the car does not live up to the expectations that were projected by the car magazine reviews, because the review cars were not the same! If we attempt to correct this short coming and install the oil coolers that were present in the review models then we've voided the warranty. This is total BS. It is false advertising.

At minimum I was to be able to install an approved oil cooler, at my expense, without voiding my 5 year engine warranty. The ideal situation is that Nissan corrects their defect, and hence meets the advertised performance, and provides one for free for those that want it.
JMO and no flame of anyone intended but this thread needs to deal with reality and not expectations, wishes, perceived problems, etc. Design defect?? - bold claim but NO proof so far. Short coming?? - maybe. As for not living up to expectations based on car magazine reviews, the content of the reviews are the responsibility of magazine, not Nissan. Modshack has it right:
Quote:
I can see this thread going on for another 50 pages with various degrees of indignation, threat and persecution being expressed.

In reality, 99% of you will never have a problem from high oil temps (real or perceived).

Nissan is not going to do anything about it as they've decided high temps are OK.

Nissan has no obligation to pay for any warranty work that may occur from the failure or interaction of a part YOU put on the car.

Quit whining and enjoy your cars

Spend <$300 and install a cooler if it's an issue for you. How to here:
http://www.the370z.com/diy-section-d...ttsa-pics.html