View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 03:11 PM   #46 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by khtso View Post
If you somehow destroy the engine prematurely during the warranty period during street use, Nissan will replace the engine. If you decide to add an aftermarket product to your car, if that screws up the car, Nissan won't honor the warranty.
This is the scary gray area. I totally understand that if I install an aftermarket cooler, and it blows an oil line, loses pressure, and destroys the engine before I notice and shut it down, that's not a warranty repair for Nissan. What I'm afraid of is when I install an oil cooler, and something goes wrong with my VVEL 10K miles later due to a factory defect that has nothing to do with oil temps, and they deny the claim because an oil cooler was attached to the engine.