View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 07:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footloose301 View Post
I just went thru an intersection and got half a razor blade in my tire. I went flat in about one minute. Its a gash in the tread. Its about 1" in length. I stopped by Tire Kingdom on my way home and said they won't repair it because its a performance tire. In my opinion its not too bad and I think a patch would be fine. They quoted me $298 for the tire from Tirerack plus shipping and balancing/mounting.

I'm heading to Marazzi Nissan tomorrow for the first oil change. I've got about 4000 miles on the car so I'll be there already and I'm sure they've got the tire in stock. I'm guessing it'll be $400 for the tire from Nissan. What should I do? Would it be "okay" to patch the tire or should I definitely get it replaced? Also, having 4000 miles on the other rear tire already.... will that affect me in any way by getting a new tire on the other side?
Since it's a gash in the tire I would have it replaced.

Whether or not the 4000 mile difference between old and new rears will have an impact on your handling really depends on how much tread you've worn off of the stock rear already.

Go measure the tread depth on your good tire. Brand new there is 10/32nd tread depth on the RE050A. I'd venture to guess if the difference is only a within a few mms you would be OK, but I'd like to hear what the other guys with here with tire knowledge think.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote