Thread: Kids n 370s
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 05:03 PM   #14 (permalink)
Jeffblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z32TT & 335xi Coupe
Jeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by esfourteen View Post
If your parents were rich and handed you a 370z would you turn it down because you didn't earn it or because you thought you weren't responsible enough to handle it? It's called envy, we all have it, quit wasting your time thinking about it.

Fact of the matter is some people are rich, some people are poor, some kids are spoiled and poor, some kids are appreciative and rich, and vice versa. bottom line is, you are full of sh*t if you say that you would turn down your parents giving you a car, assuming it wasn't adversely affecting them financially, ie, they are rich.

i think a good thing to do is if you are actuall wealthy, and DO want to buy your kid a nice car, make them work and pay for part of so they can appreciate it. You make them pay 10-20k of a 40k car, its as if they bought a little honda, and you paid the rest. They'll appreciate it, but they will just be driving a nicer car. i've seen kids driving lambo's and stuff, and i'm like 'wtf' but at the same time, if my parents were THAT loaded, and bought my one, why the hell would i say 'excuse me, i don't deserve this, please do not give me this supercar'

i'm 22, i bought my own Z. i really dont give a **** if people think my parents bought it for me b/c i'm young. Anyone who would think that and not know otherwise, is obviously no one important to me, so i really don't care. but if If my parents were loaded and said 'hey put in 40k and we'll get you a 911 or audi R8 or something, i'd say 'hell yes'

something that IS funny about this whole 'parents buying kid a car' thing, is when the parents don't let the kid mod the car, or get a manual transmission or something. i' have had people bitch to me and be like 'yea i wanted a manual but my dad said i couldn't.' i'm like.... 'and you are complaining about the bmw your parents bought you? yea. thought so' or like 'i wanted to get an exhaust or body kit but my dad wont let me modify the car' that situation is funny.

Last edited by Jeffblue; 12-16-2010 at 05:11 PM.