View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 11:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
MightyBobo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No cars; only bikes
MightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MightyBobo Send a message via Skype™ to MightyBobo

There was a very good write-up on how to get away with a LOT on a test drive. Basically, it comes down to how professional you act with the salesman, and the respect you give each other. There are several other suggestions, such as not showing up and expecting to test drive with your buddy (and not the salesman).

Basically, if you want to test the cars limits (somewhat within reason) on the road, its best to ask the salesman who comes with you. A simple question such as, "I would like to test the cars panic braking ability, is this ok with you?", or "I would like to test the cars acceleration", etc etc etc. Just make them comfortable.