View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 04:07 PM   #91 (permalink)
vifferman
Base Member

Drives: '04 TSX, '10 370ZR
vifferman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrotguy View Post
I took my roadster in for service and asked them to move the wire harness on the top frame support, explaining to them everything on this thread and providing them with the links to this thread. I thought that was a reasonable request. They gave me the standard bs response, that until Nissan issues a warantee authorization they could not do the work under the warantee. I asked for an estimate of the cost to pay for it myself and they said they don't know, whatever that means. I'm going to have to think further about what to do. Write a letter to Nissan? - the problem there is my top is OK - what we're talking about is preventative maintenance. I may also ask a repair shop for an estimate. Meanwhile I don't like to put the top up and down more than I have to. Overall the service department, Poway Nissan, Poway CA, was inflexible, contrarian, and not customer orientated. Not particularly concerned with a happy customer.
Just thank your lucky stars that you don't have a problem with your top (I do, but the majority don't) and enjoy your 370ZR. Why would you want the dealer to mess with a car that has "no problem?" I don't even trust my dealer to do an oil change, so I'll wait as long as possible before I submit to the trauma of a top replacement.
vifferman is offline   Reply With Quote