View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 12:33 AM   #72 (permalink)
alan93rsa
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 16 Cayman GT4 Red
alan93rsa has a reputation beyond reputealan93rsa has a reputation beyond reputealan93rsa has a reputation beyond reputealan93rsa has a reputation beyond reputealan93rsa has a reputation beyond reputealan93rsa has a reputation beyond reputealan93rsa has a reputation beyond reputealan93rsa has a reputation beyond reputealan93rsa has a reputation beyond reputealan93rsa has a reputation beyond reputealan93rsa has a reputation beyond repute

If you get a Cayman S go for a Gen 2 with the new DFI engine. The PDK transmission is an amazing piece of engineering. If you go for the PDK be sure the car has Sport Chrono. I had one in my '09' S and the car was a ball on the track.

I can't remember if it was Car and Driver or Road and Track that did the comparison of the cars at VIR. If you haven't read it it is a worthwhile read. The Cayman S and the Carrera S, both with PDK, turned the same lap times. But the really interesting thing was how close the 370Z was to the Porsches. It's something to think about.

Also, if you can find a lightly used 2010 car optioned the way you want it's possible to end up with a longer warranty. A Porsche CPO will give you 6 years/100,000 miles. You may also want to shop out of state. I just traded my Cayman S for a Carrera S. I couldn't touch the deal I got in Chicago with either of my local dealers.

Good luck with your decision.