View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 08:26 PM   #61 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by simota1 View Post
hey everyone i was wondering how to wire my fog lamp to blink like that?
In theory you could implement what I described above pretty easily homebrew. You need the light itself, the extra heated seat switch, some wire, a transistor of appropriate rating, a 555 timer chip, and various odds and ends (a tiny section of wire-wrap board, a small capacitor, and a few resistors of appropriate values). A book like this one: Integrated Circuit 555 Projects , or one of the awesome Forest Mims notebooks, and a tiny bit of electronics background would give you all the info you need to wire it up. That is, if you're of the mind to explore making such a circuit yourself. Or you can just wait for a vendor to implement it.