View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 02:23 PM   #607 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FricFrac View Post
So it sounds like if we are doing the oil cooler the thermal switch is going to be important to get the oil up to temp but keep it below the recomended max temp...
Personally, I would prefer to have a 180 thermo on mine, yes. I think with most of the reasonably-sized coolers available, the car will have no trouble maintaining a 180+ temp anyways once it gets warmed up, unless you're in a really freaking cold climate. For me it's mostly about not extending the warmup time on cold mornings. I already have to wait around forever (I
like to see the needle start bumping up off the 140 floor before I pull out of the driveway if I can afford to wait that long, and 180 before I hit the throttle too hard always).