View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 04:28 PM   #32 (permalink)
wheee!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: cars. lots of cars.
wheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond repute

Allright, I took the snow cover off of RoZy and disassembled the console to get the pinouts for the seat heater switch.

This is the stock switch

The pinouts are perfect for us here. The top right pin is full 12V input for the pilot lights above or below the Hi Lo indicators and the bottom right pin is 8V for the neon glow heated seat that comes on with the interior lighting.

The four pins on the left are exactly what you would expect two poles in each direction that engage as the switch is rocked forward or backward.

A sticker could be printed and applied above the existing heated seat info and we could then use the switch for forward VSS engaged normal driving, centre VSS Bypass, and rear Camera On.

There is even a handy 12V signal and 8V signal sitting at either of the two stock seat heater switches to draw from. If you don't have heated seats, you probably still have the harness in this location.

and this is the generic rocker switch in the STDP config (on - on)

There is a generic switch that does on-off-on as well so ignore the fact that I have just the STDP switch for now.

When you rock forward you engage the two rear poles and when you rock backward you engage the front two poles.

This is a look at how it looks in the console. I'm not sure I could live with it...

It's not fully seated cuz I didn't want to fight to get it out, but you get the idea.

I am going to have to say that the heated seat switch is the classiest way to do this and now all we need to do is find a way to print up an adhesive label that will cover the stock info with the correct info and we will have a professional switch solution.

You may send cases of fine beer to me in appreciation. If you are too cheap for fine beer, rep points are always appreciated!

H&R / Stillen / Berk / HKS / Swift / Michelin / UpRev / SPC / Amuse Rep / Seibon / Fringe XVO / TWM / more...
My Journal
wheee! is offline   Reply With Quote