View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 09:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
wheee!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: cars. lots of cars.
wheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdl99 View Post
I didn't mean swap the switch I meant the function. What's wrong with On off On, with the middle position being off and push forward for DVD/Nav bypass and backwards for camera.
That's my point. The forward position "makes" a contact for the rear two poles of the switch. The centre position "breaks" the contacts of both sets of poles and the rear position "makes" the front two poles. Therefore "on-off-on"...

The "on" position forward is making a contact like the kind we need for VSS to be on all the time, the centre position would break the contact so that VSS was disabled for entering NAV info while driving (or watching DVD's) and the rear position would "make" the 12v contact for the backup camera.

sorry if I wasn't clear at first!

H&R / Stillen / Berk / HKS / Swift / Michelin / UpRev / SPC / Amuse Rep / Seibon / Fringe XVO / TWM / more...
My Journal
wheee! is offline   Reply With Quote