View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 09:29 AM   #8 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by antman22 View Post
In TX it does indeed get cold, just not as extreme as the folks up north. It'll get down to the teens and single digits at times, but we won't get the crazy -20 or -30*. I can't relate to the window issue, my Z gets garaged.

The tires will basically turn into hockey pucks during the winter, I basically use it as an excuse to keep me in check. I don't think its as bad as some say, but I definitely wouldn't be doing any spirited driving on the stock bridgestones in cold weather.

on the bright side, the heater works great in conjunction with the engine heat that people complain about during the summer
A cold summer tire in sub 40 degree weather is EXTREMELY dangerous if you aren't careful. They take about 15 minutes of normal driving to get warmed up and then you are going to be OK, but when they're cold you have very little traction at all. I always make sure I leave a longer following distance because an emergency stop on cold summer tires in winter = .
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote