View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 07:24 PM   #37 (permalink)
Megan370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
Megan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond repute

Draper ,
what we have been discussing is APH didnt setup the dyno properly and the result of the gain are slighty affected by this.

you cant compare the graph of those 2 dyno together
because 1 has the correct setting (SG)
and the other 1 has incorrect value (APH)
you can only do an average of the gain with one and check the average gain with the other one ,, you cant just say hey I had 300 hp with his but 260 with the other one.

even that ,, there is no Dyno that read the same
APH is known to read higher than SGM one...
but on this one since the gear ratio isnt correctly set ,
it throw everything off ...

in conclusion ,, IF i was you . I would have 2 choices
either chose to go back to APH or SGM and get a few proper pulls with every tune
and make sure this time that the dyno is set correctly and get tuned on the top end since the tuner didnt rev the engine to redline ,,, he didnt even go into your peak power since he stoped around 6500-6000 rpm .. the 7300 rpm you see on the APH dyno sheet is the result of the incorrect value in the gearing ratio

that way you are looking to see which one is the best one...

look as an example when first I went to SGM for a tuning , yeah I was like you , mixed feeling with the gain , so later on I did some street tuning and being VERY aggressive with the ignition timing and afr ... then I went back to SGM to see 4 different map and see where we can borrow the best of everything ,

put everything together , we managed to get gain everywhere
2 of my street tuned map were having knock , we corrected it and made more power.
Megan370z is offline   Reply With Quote