View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 05:42 PM   #302 (permalink)
wheee!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: cars. lots of cars.
wheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdl99 View Post
That is a good idea. Would you not be interested in the backup camera bypass? I quickly put the following together for anyone wanting to take the complete DIY approach.
https://docs.google.com/document/pub...dJDtKoKnP54Qfs

Based on what I'm hearing what I could provide is a plug and play harness to achieve the same results but with NO cutting or tampering with any original wiring. The dilemma is that although the parts aren't that expensive the harnesses are very time consuming to make. I therefore need to to think about the price and get a sense of if people would be interested.
I like your thinking and, yes, a switch that worked like the seat heaters that allowed a forward position to bypass NAV lock and a backwards position to engage rearview camera would be a perfect solution. If we could use a similar switch as the seat heaters I would definitely be in for that solution!

H&R / Stillen / Berk / HKS / Swift / Michelin / UpRev / SPC / Amuse Rep / Seibon / Fringe XVO / TWM / more...
My Journal
wheee! is offline   Reply With Quote