View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 03:48 PM   #39 (permalink)
NotmyGTR
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z/Pearl 6speed
NotmyGTR is on a distinguished road
Default Fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRFAN View Post
Interesting. I pretty much agree with whats said, however, as others have said the R35 GTR is not really even comparable to the Z as it's miles in front in all areas....especially price.

I think the 370z is the first car to come along in a long time that is actually fun to drive.

If you want huge HP and 10 sec quarters, then get an older GTR and modify it. 10sec quarters are not very hard at all. The RB26DETT is one of the best base motors to tune...ever.

My mate Dave's old GTR - 608kW at the wheels
YouTube - Fangartists - Leewah's R33 GTR

BUT

If you want a new, fun, daily driver get a Z.
The statement about the RB26 is true fact. Ive owned 3 Skylines. The inline 6 twin turbo is bulletproof. Change injectors, swap stock turbines for some HKS 2530's, exhaust, and cpu tune and youve got a 10 second car.

Pricing and road laws are two things that limit most of us here in the U.S. I really enjoyed my 15 years in japan..............simpley because R's are not that expensive over there and most of your daytime police are out running wan-gan with you at night.

But not to be a hater, Im happy for the guy who started this thread comparing the two. My wife will tell you, Im an R fanatic, but I wouldnt own the new 35. Doesnt appeal to me in the least. Too many things that differ from the 32 and 33 that make me lose interest. I really wasnt a big fan of the 34 either, but I wouldnt turn one down thats for sure. I hope you treat her right bro. But, $1800 routine maintenance fees/paddle shifters(which I think belong soley to video games) and not being able to do my own work since its a rolling cpu have turned me away. Im a twin turbo kit away from having a 370 with 500hp to the ground that will be a blast to drive..........and I can even do my own maintenance.
The paddle shifting comment might cause some of you to be bitter.....sorry, dont mean to be an azz. Just dont like it. Im just hard headed I guess and wont change what I love as far as the spirit of driving.