View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 04:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
ZedZed
Base Member

Drives: nothing
ZedZed is on a distinguished road

You can use the exact same wheels + tires on front and rear as per the posts from AK and Spear :

Really liking my Cheap Winter Tires/Wheels
My Winter Rims/Tires Setup: TRMotorsport C2 + Blizzak LM-25 w/TPMS w/pics (AK370Z)

The offset (ET) spear chose is +35 and the ones AK chose are +38mm, the lower the offset the less "gap" you'll have between the body work and the wheel. The front should be more or less flush in both cases. The back side of the car will look a little odd with both offsets mentioned above, the wheel will go inwards in relation to the bodywork, but this has positive aspects, other than the weird looks, it will prevent the salt + slush to be thrown onto your car whilst driving along in the snow. It will get caught by your wheel well instead.

Make sure that you choose a lug nut spacing of 5x114.3 - any other lug nut spacings are not compatible with your car. Also, note that our hub bore size is 66.1mm and therefore you will need to make sure that your rims fit this. I chose a wheel that is 67.1mm hub bore size in order to minimize the risk of wheel wobbling. If you choose a higher hub bore size you will need to use hub rings to reduce the gap between your wheel bore size and our 66.1mm hub bore size.

Hub rings:

Google

My setup:

Wheel x4 (front & back): INFINY R1 8.5x18 5x114.3 ET35 67.1mm
Tire x4 (front & back): 225/50 R18 99V CONTINENTAL CONTI-WINTERCONTACT TS 830 P XL

Last edited by ZedZed; 11-28-2010 at 04:45 AM.
ZedZed is offline   Reply With Quote