View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 11:28 PM   #67 (permalink)
chops
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: NA
chops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by billet370 View Post
to be honest... I bought my base with flaps, mats, other charges and stuff for 28,500 NEW. The difference of the 12grand can be used for GTM turbo kit OR a well built NA motor with BETTER suspension and BETTER brakes then the nismo. Get some 4-6 piston brake brake with some springs and exhaust system with headers and thats STILL less the nismo with BETTER parts. Just my .02 But the overall of the 370z is amazing. My prior 350z did so well that I decided to break my rule of duplicating the same make and model. Nismo looks Cool but for 12K EXTRA what do you expect. Hell you can spend 4k and get an amuse kit. And then buy a used Nismo exhaust and ur done lol. Same motor as base and power.... just slightly tuned different and you can fix that for about 500 bucks and tune it to your likings
i was going through the same struggle when i was buying my nismo..however going by your figures, i ended up only paying ~6k more than your base for a new nismo with 10miles on the clock. there are a TON of nismo's sitting on the lots here and no one wants to buy them. was very easy to haggle

problem with buying a base+sports and upgrading from there...i would probably never get around to it. i dont mind paying a little more for having a factory fit and finish. if i went with an aftermarket front/rear bumper it would cost 4-5k to obtain the bumpers and have them painted to my expectations. an exhaust would be another 1500 or so which puts me at the same price as a nismo already. im actually a huge fan of the nismo suspension as well...and in order to get something that stiff id have to throw in another 1-2k for coilovers, or 500-1000 for some take off nismo suspension. add in some decent 19's and thats another 4-5k.

it was a no brainer to go with the nismo for me

Last edited by chops; 11-26-2010 at 11:31 PM.
chops is offline   Reply With Quote