Thread: wstar's Journal
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 09:14 PM   #137 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not too worried about it. The walls of the box are pretty damn thick, and the thing fits the battery like a glove, I actually had to kinda squeeze the battery between the walls, flexing them slightly. What I really wanted to do was mount it roughly where it is (or if anything further to the passenger side) sideways, with the terminals facing the center of the car. That would've been even more secure. However, the trunk floor doesn't provide a lot of options for level mounting surfaces that would work, it's got lots of little studs and ridges and so-on.

Right now I'm still fighting with getting the passenger footwell back together, specifically that damn A/C blower. Apparently it needs a warning label that you need a higher IQ than me to fit it back in there correctly.

Update: got the interior back together again, time for driving and food. I hate that A/C blower. One day, years from now, when this car is pretty much dead, I'm going after that A/C blower with a baseball bat, Office Space style.

Last edited by wstar; 05-31-2009 at 10:09 PM.
wstar is offline   Reply With Quote