View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 05:25 PM   #53 (permalink)
esfourteen
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th TT
esfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to esfourteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian370z View Post
I just can't wrap my head around how a spring with stiffer spring rates can not only perform better than stock springs, but also ride better. When driving the car in a spirited manner, does it feel more controlled when going through corners with bumps or undulations in the pavement?

I guess I will have to see myself next week!
I don't know how to explain it other than the way they describe how they are built (cold-formed, custom material, fewer coils) the springs are a progressive/linear combo, not just either one or the other. The result is stock like ride over uneven surfaces but flat in the corners.

**** roads just seem to not feel as bad as the stock setup did. You can definitely feel the ride is stiffer going over large bumps, but it's not harsh at all. This is how it should feel from the factory, you will not regret buying these.
esfourteen is offline   Reply With Quote