View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 10:20 AM   #32 (permalink)
FERRARI
Enthusiast Member

Drives: PERFECTION
FERRARI has a reputation beyond reputeFERRARI has a reputation beyond reputeFERRARI has a reputation beyond reputeFERRARI has a reputation beyond reputeFERRARI has a reputation beyond reputeFERRARI has a reputation beyond reputeFERRARI has a reputation beyond reputeFERRARI has a reputation beyond reputeFERRARI has a reputation beyond reputeFERRARI has a reputation beyond reputeFERRARI has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to FERRARI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
I think the 370Z is better build on the inside, but the Corvette is better built on the outside and regarding the driveline. I have YET to see a 370Z on a dealer show-room or lot that hasn't had the paint scratched, hood dented, or something like that. The paint on them is just crazy soft. If you get one, get some sort of protection for it.

What it all came down to me is I have always owned older cars. I am not "used to" NAV, A/C'ed seats, power this and that. The amenities in the 'vette suite me just fine. The "feel" of the car isn't as nice as the Z, but the Z offers dismal acceleration compared to the 'vette.

I am never going to track the car, nor are there twisties where I live. Mainly, it's sweeing corners on on/off ramp loops and straightaways. For me, the fake suede inserts of the 370Z are not equivalent to the extra 175 horsepower of the 'vette and much stouter driveline.

All that being said, if I lived where there were more twisties and the car was to be a daily, I would go with the 370Z.

Regarding "I don't want just another..."
Well, I don't care what other people are driving. It doesn't matter to me one bit if I am one of 25,000 other people out there or one of one. If I enjoy it, I enjoy it. I have only seen ONE! other G20 on the street since I bought mine. Does that make my G20 better than a 'vette because I see more 'vettes? Well, if someone will trade me, then hell yes it does!

I am set on buying the 'vette.
W

I totally understand....but if you lived where there were MOUNTAINS AND TWISTIES ...I bet you would buy the Z......To me there is just too much difference in the handling of the two....
FERRARI is offline   Reply With Quote