View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 12:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
SeattleLion
Base Member

Drives: '13 Mustang GT Prem.
SeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK370Z View Post
If you're at the track, saving brake should be last thing on your mind. You should try to find the perfect combination of downshifting and braking during turns. For example, some track will have 5-4-3-2-1 markers by the turn. These numbers are GREAT for finding your perfect time to brake/downshift. For example, after a long straightway, you can mark no. 5 at your braking start point and 3 your downshift point and see how you like it. Then if you think it was too soon, you can change no. 4 to braking start and 2 to downshift etc.

Nice brake lines! I think DOT 4 is better for your ABS. Here's a post from this thread:

brake fluid recommendations
AP certifies that their DOT 5.1 is fully compatible with ABS. I just wanted the the higher boiling point of 5.1. Then again, I shouldn't need ABS, right?
SeattleLion is offline   Reply With Quote