View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 10:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
ThoriumHotdog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Turbo CRX si
ThoriumHotdog is a jewel in the roughThoriumHotdog is a jewel in the roughThoriumHotdog is a jewel in the roughThoriumHotdog is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zvengeance View Post
yeah i saw that thread but no one has officially posted a link to the bulletin. can you direct me to the post on that thread?

You're right. I just did multiple searches across this board and google. There doesn't seem to be an official bulletin out yet. I could have sworn I read somewhere on here that there was one. My apologies. Looks like quite a few people have had success with getting the ECU swapped out at the dealership and having the sound go away.

Just go to your dealership and don't leave until you get SOMEONE to hear it. Once you do it shouldn't be an issue to get it swapped out. Looks like you need an "A model" ECU..

I'm not sure which thread you read so heres a few links. Hope this helps and I hope you get it resolved. I'm sensitive to high frequency sounds so I know how annoying they can be. Some fluorescent bulbs drive me crazy.

Had FIXED HIGH PITCH NOISE (ECU)
"If anyone has this problem, ask your service advisor to order ECU which has part number ending with A. I don't know what exactly the number is. If you have question or need service advisor's phone number, let me know"

370Z Report ECU High Pitch Noise and How to fix it!
"The key part that you must pay attention to when doing this is the ECU part number. It appears that only ECUs with part number ending in “B” are malfunctioning. ECUs ending in part number “A” are not. Since there isn’t yet an official TSB, you will have to have a Nissan technician listen for it and identify it. It may help to print out a few of the forum posts I have linked to below and bring those in along with a printout of this article."
ThoriumHotdog is offline   Reply With Quote