View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 08:38 PM   #236 (permalink)
weiboy718
Track Member

Drives: Infiniti G37
weiboy718 will become famous soon enoughweiboy718 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to weiboy718

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian370z View Post
You are right RC, it can be a major hassle out here which is one of the perks of installing a CARB approved kit; you don't have to deal with the headaches. But, as with many things, there are ways to get around these things and in all honesty I cannot believe some people are able to drive some of the cars on the roads out here without getting harassed by police constantly i.e. super duper hella flush cars yet they do.

You have to love how motorcycles, trucks, and commercial vehicles are practically unregulated though... Nice priorities eh?
you're wrong on that one buddy! i'm in the trucking industries and they're strict as hell on commercial vehicles especially the trucks who drives within the ports. any truck that has an 2002 engine and below must have a retrofit exhaust system otherwise they cannot operate within the port and when 2013 rolls around all them trucks without the particulate filter cannot operate in CA. CHP and CARB is always checking for smoking trucks, they come out to the Port of Oakland and road block us and perform inspection on the spot and i also heard that commercial trucks will soon need to smog it lol.
weiboy718 is offline   Reply With Quote