View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 05:55 PM   #36 (permalink)
TARDCORE
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 Solid Red 370Z
TARDCORE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
Why, what is so extreme about our tuning?
The only item we are unable to adjust right now is VVEL, which really has been a zero issue with basic forced induction. Now, if you want to lower the compression ratio, build the motor, or something else extreme then VVEL will be a factor but really it is a non-issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by christian370z View Post
Plus, everytime I see someone say that VVEL is not going to be cracked, I remember how many thought that the R35 GTR might be untunable with all the coding Nissan built into the ECU but obviously that was blown out of the water once the aftermarket started picking up with those cars.
To my understanding, you can't throw a "Stage 3" setup that is supposed to add 60% of the stock power on a car with a high compression ratio and expect it to run great without proper tuning of timing/valves. Basic F/I is fine and understandable but how many miles do you could be logged without inevtiable issues, not leaks, but serious internal issues. Unfortunately the 37VHR is new and has not been blown and really tested that much for us to really know the limits.

The GTR is a different car. F/I from the factory and tuners seemed to take much much more interest in it than they seemed to with the 370Z/G37.