View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 09:28 AM   #27 (permalink)
FERRARI
Enthusiast Member

Drives: PERFECTION
FERRARI has a reputation beyond reputeFERRARI has a reputation beyond reputeFERRARI has a reputation beyond reputeFERRARI has a reputation beyond reputeFERRARI has a reputation beyond reputeFERRARI has a reputation beyond reputeFERRARI has a reputation beyond reputeFERRARI has a reputation beyond reputeFERRARI has a reputation beyond reputeFERRARI has a reputation beyond reputeFERRARI has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to FERRARI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
I don't know, when were you born? I might be considered an old man by some. Were you driving hard in 65?
I was born on February 19, 1945 (Iwo Jima Day)....and in 1966 I had a 427 L89 vette........it had every option....side pipes.....etc....2 Dual Feed Hollies.....but no AC.....it was not offered on the 427...Lived in Miami and played for the Dolphins.....I drove the damn thing like it was Stolen....and that sucker would fly !!!!!

I have had many Hot cars....never had any engine problems....none....

I just dont think that these 6 cylinder new cars hold up under extreme conditions as well as a vette does...just my opinion....and from what I read here.....people dont even keep their oil topped off.......
I ran my new 240Z hard at high speed and had no problems....It was a great "TOP END" car.

In 1965 I had a 1962 vette with a Roller Cam and and drove it hard....very hard.....kept it for years...even after I got the 427

IMHO the 370Z corners much better than any car unless you want to spend at least $50,000.00 more.

Last edited by FERRARI; 11-02-2010 at 11:41 AM. Reason: add
FERRARI is offline   Reply With Quote