View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 02:00 PM   #2169 (permalink)
Phimosis
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2013 911 4S
Phimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
No problems, nothing is broken, everything is working as intended and we hope to combine the LTHs with the stage 1 kit so everyone can enjoy this combination.
Dreamer,
You claim to be unbiased and neutral and not promoting GTM or Stillen, but to claim that everything is "working as intended" with your GTM kit is biased and not accurate. Your kit was intended to make 8 psi of boost. You get 5 psi. Your kit was intended to make 450 hp. Yours does not, or you would have posted the results. Even if you made 400 whp you would be happy and would have posted the results - you have stated that 400 whp was your goal. You state that the fix is a simple bolt on, but a kit that "has no problems" and is "working as intedended" should not need a fix. Regardless, the fix has been in the works for 4 months and is still not done.
The truth is that the GTM stage 1 unit is just a little undersized for the 370z so that it produces good midrange power at the expense of peak horsepower. With the GTM unit, it starts falling out of its peak efficiency range when you try to push it to 8 psi of boost at the high flow requirements the engine has at the redline. The Stillen SC is a bigger unit and makes less boost in the midrange, but more in the upper rev range when the SC gets into its peak efficiency. I have headers and cats and exhaust and the Stillen kit still makes 9 psi of boost.
I make my comments based on the data. That is the idea behind being unbiased.
Phimosis is offline   Reply With Quote