View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 12:18 AM   #60 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaedub View Post
I know my comment sounds sorta ignorant but.....dont american cars have alot of problems? Japanese cars are so reliable, Im pretty sure our Zs can hit 100k without any problems. But American cars, as well as european cars, tends to give so much problem for the long term use. And I personally think American cars doesnt look as nice as other cars. This is why I wouldnt want to own a American made car. And again, this is my personal opinon and based on my experience. No offence to any American car owners
The short answer is no.

The long answer...

People always say they break down all the time but that simply isn't the case. Even the old ones. What really doomed the American car company's image was that awful period from the late 70s / early 80s to the mid/late 90s where they used to have the crappiest interiors you could ever imagine. Mechanically, though, they have always been very sound, especially if you maintain them properly.

Nowadays there is no difference in quality or reliability across really all of the mainstream car makes. Manufacturing tolerances are so close these days you can expect just about any car to live a long and happy life so long as you keep up with regular maintenance.

These days it's all hyperbole. A Ford is no more or less reliable than a Nissan which is no more or less reliable than a Mercedes which is no more or less reliable than a Honda... etc. Now some might be more expensive to repair, but that's another story.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote