View Single Post
Old 10-23-2010, 07:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
wheee!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: cars. lots of cars.
wheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpathfinder View Post
I just changed my fluids. I used Redline MT-L and MT-90 (1:1 mix) for the MT tranny and Amsoil 75W90 synthetic gear oil for the diff. So long as you use some quality stuff you'll be fine.
Hey DJ! What a good choice of fluids! I did the same and the results have been very good. Nice smooth performance and peace of mind....

A very smart man already posted the following info:

Engine:

Amsoil 5W30 full synthetic (ester rated) oil

K & N oil filter (HP1008)

Filter-Mag (SS250)

Drain plug crush washer (PB147)

Differential:

Amsoil 75W90 synthetic gear lube. You'll need two litres to do this change.

Manual transmission fluid change:

You'll need a total of four litres to do this change. You need to mix the two different fluids to get the recommended viscosity for the transmission.

Red-Line MTL (50204)
Red-Line MT90 (50304)

Amsoil hand transfer pump (G2039)

drain and fill plug washers for the manual transmission and differential. These are available at any Nissan dealership (Cost is around $3.00 each and you'll need a total of four for both changes.) Part number is 11026-4N200.

H&R / Stillen / Berk / HKS / Swift / Michelin / UpRev / SPC / Amuse Rep / Seibon / Fringe XVO / TWM / more...
My Journal
wheee! is offline   Reply With Quote