View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 04:07 AM   #7 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninous26 View Post
Looking for comments that are as unbiased as possible.

So its obvious the Z is a win in several IMPORTANT categories.. Looks, quality, up to date, handling..

Just wondering how everyone feels about the performance? Power wise.. Satisfied? Surprised? Let down?

Dont want to make the mistake like I did with my G.. I came from an old V6 Acura so the G felt pretty fast compared to it and I didn't even get on it in the test drive years ago.. Once I got into the car game more with my VQ I realized that the G is pretty much nothing.. I mean its okay (Remember, power wise).. Not something to really even acknowledge... So by meaning I dont want to make the same mistake is this; I test drove a 370z a year ago, again just didn't feel right getting on it with a salesman in the car so I didn't get the full taste. It felt like the power was there for sure, obvious you could tell it would inhale my current car in a race but will I have the same disappointment as I did with the G? Why or why not?

I always left myself saying "Damn, I should have gotten a 350". The luxury aspects don't do me much.. I hardly even consider a G a luxury car.. Hell, my 91 Acura felt, looked, and was more luxurious than my 03 so you can see where I'm coming from..

I see that majority of members here that switched cars chose the 5.0.. Why is this? From what I've picked up I see that ma41mustang got annoyed by the small tick tack things that are annoying so he made the switch.. Is this it?

Sorry if this is an annoying post.. I just want to make sure that I absolutely adore what I buy next and have 0 buyers remorse like I did with the G... I still modded the hell out of it, made it pretty damn fun and make it look very sexy.. But there was always that emptiness inside when it came to performance ( Full bolt ons just wasn't enough, I had to resort to nitrous which I chickened out on installing).

Thanks for reading!
I absolutely loved my Z. It was just lacking in the power department for me. I'm used to driving V8s so the lack of torque with the VQ was a source of major frustration for me. I know for a lot of people that probably started off with smaller engines to begin with the VQ is probably plenty. It's a fast car for sure, it just didn't give me the driving experience I wanted. I really wanted that power off idle of a V8 and the 5.0 gives it to me, without giving up on other important things like handling and quality.

There are definitely a couple things I miss about the Z but I don't regret my move at all. Nor do I regret owning the Z for the 1.5 years I had mine. I had a blast with the car and, as you can tell, still love Z's as I'm still here.

Once a Z owner, always a Z owner.

Just make sure you test the car and let her rip a little bit. If it puts a stupid grin on your face that you can't wipe off, buy it and never look back.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote