View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 08:31 PM   #370 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 280z/300zx View Post
What specs are you looking at. Having raced them The LS1 was a mid-low 13 sec car while the LS3 is a high 12 to low 13 sec car. Sure it's not leaps and bounds faster but it is faster. More like "within 3 feet of dead-equal from 60 to the top of 4th" Kind of like how the 370z is faster than the 350z, not a huge amount faster, but faster. Not to mention the LS3 has launch control which helps with getting a good launch. Very true Had a 2001 Trans AM LS1 and C6 LS2 and now have a 2010 SS LS3. The Camaro is faster than the Trans AM Then your TA had an issue or mine was a freak, but every new SS I ran was a dead-heat and we could have held hands during the whole race out the window (not that stupid obviously, but literally it could have been done.)but not the C6 LS2. Butt dyno and track proven with all three during ownership. Not to mention the Camaro destroyed the Trans AM in auto-x when we took them both. This gen Camaro, aside from weight, is a better car than the previous gen.

Mustang 5.0 owns all, except for the LS3 Vette.
I can't speak for handling, we don't have twisties around here.

FWIW, my friend ran 13.3@105 in his bone-stock 113K mile 1998 automatic Z28 with flowmasters (10whp penalty).
Another friend ran 12.9@107 in his bone-stock 98 6-speed WS6.
Most people ran 13.1-13.3 at my track with stock F-bodies. A lid/catback had them into the 12's repeatedly.

I babied the heck out of my 100K mile (at that time) WS6 M6 and ran 14.0X@101.9 with a 2.4 60' time (assuming a 2.0 60' would put me at 13.2XX and I am sure the MPH would go up as well) launching off idle and then bogging badly and shifting into 4th 75' before the beams. On the street, as you can see, the car did much better as I wasn't scared of blowing the rear end up on a roll'on. (I had just blown the rear backin out of the drive-way before I went to the strip, hence the weak launches. I was in college and couldn't afford to break it and was still dumb enough to race it.)

Last edited by ImportConvert; 10-20-2010 at 08:35 PM.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote