View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 11:17 AM   #23 (permalink)
WarmAndSCSI
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '08 Evo X | '10 370Z
WarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370Zsteve View Post
Well, the Mercedes commercial is for a car that has: great brakes, excellent tires, etc. One of the things you mentioned is people falling asleep...the nanny senses your head drooping and sounds a warning chime, not something you're likely to see on a cheap car. I haven't seen a commercial yet for a cheap car that touts things like performance tires and brakes..it's all about skinny tires with less rolling resistance for fuel economy.
Great brakes? Excellent tires? I would like to believe that, but I had to go look for myself.

From a C300 SPORT Sedan:

Quote:
Dual-circuit power-assisted 4-wheel disc brakes. Front: 11.6" perforated and ventilated - single-piston floating. Rear: 11.8" ventilated - single-piston floating
Single piston floating calipers, small rotors, presumably crappy brake pads to reduce noise.

Quote:
225/45 R17 front - 245/40 R17 rear, all-season performance
Nothing about an all-season tire coming from an OEM says "performance."

People who buy C class Benzes are delusional. They're utter pieces of crap, from a performance and handling perspective. And the above is on the SPORT Sedan. Even for the C350 - a $40k base price car - the rotors are just larger in diameter up front with the same crappy 1-piston floating calipers and sh*tty tire package. That's pathetic.

'10 PW 370Z 7AT - wife's car - Project Raspberry Cheesecake
'08 Evo X - built motor+trans | BB-X @ 32 psi | CH3OH | self-built+tuned - ??? WHP
'01 Galant V6 - built motor | GT35R | self-built+tuned - 550+ WHP (retired)
WarmAndSCSI is offline   Reply With Quote