View Single Post
Old 05-23-2009, 01:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
fly yellow
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 yellow 370z
fly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond repute

Well this is what Norris Nissan pulled with me, and I basically went to every Nissan dealer in the Baltimore metro area. Tischer and Norris were the only two that had yellow. I was trading in an 08 Cadillac CTS. Norris Nissan gave me the worst offer for my trade by about 3,000 and they offered to sell me the Z at 1500 above invoice. I worked a deal with Tischer on the phone where they would sell me the Z at invoice and give me 26,500 for my Caddy, which was $500 more than anyone else had offered. I made an appointment to go get the car the next day. That morning Norris calls me with some "good news". Now they were willing to sell me the Z for $38,700 and give me a wopping 24k for my car. I laughed and told the guy the deal I got at Tischer and that I was getting ready to go there to buy the car. The salesman said that was a great deal and we hung up. He calls back 15 minutes later and says that they will sell me the Z for the same price as Tischer and give me 27K for my car. Since Norris was closer and I knew I couldn't get anything more from Tischer I agreed and went to buy the car from Norris.

This car was sitting on the showroom floor when I looked at it and when I got there they had already pulled it outside. We did all of the preliminary paperwork. I already had a financing deal worked out with Bank of America. They immediately raised the price of their car by $200 because theirs had illuminated kickplates and Tischer's didn't. I didn't put too much of a fight up over that because I was still 300 bucks in the better and I did like the illuminated kickplates. I was basically just waiting for their financing guy, so I went outside and started cleaning out my car. The salesman comes out and tells me that he has some bad news. The best he can do on my car was 25k. They thought it was AWD. That was BS. They spent 30 minutes appraising my car when I first went there. I told him to give me back my title and I was going to Tischer. Even carmax offered 26k for my car. The sales manager came over and started apologizing and feeding me some line about GM cars being hard to get value for. I told him to go F himself and I was going to go buy the car from Tischer and I didn't appreciate them wasting an hour and a half of my time. So I went to Tischer and bought it from them with no strings or last minute shennanigans. They even threw in Lojack on the Z.
fly yellow is offline   Reply With Quote